Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My last blog was number 50

I only realize now after seeing that my last blog was my 50th.

Am I supposed to celebrate?

It's fun to come up with some reason to party it up, even if it's over really lame things.

I've noticed lately that all of the people who I had been following since my come to Korea on blogger have sort of, stopped blogging. Their blogs are now quite here and there and seem to have run out of proverbial fuel.

The same goes for me. I just haven't had the urge to blog. It's boring to post the same boring stuff that happens day after day. What's sad is that's all your adult life really is. Same old, same old. I really wish I had enjoyed my childhood more often.

I stupidly thought that I was going to be able to remain in Korea for however long I wanted. I'm sad that I was very sorely mistaken. The requirements for me to get an E-2 visa in Korea without being with the TaLK program involves my return to the states to finish my bachelors.

I can't complain. At first, I was very very upset. The idea of leaving my boyfriend who I had worked so hard to attain and the life I had grown to really enjoy here just seemed unbearable. Now, I'm beginning to get the pre-school jitters. The idea of starting again doing something new is exciting.

Most importantly though, I'm just excited to get my bachelors. I want to be done. I just want to have that stupid piece of paper so that I can say I wasted my money and my time in a facility just so I can work in this country.

I've really grown to love Korea. I'm going to be in tears when I leave this place. But two short years and I'll be back again, teaching it up for the furthering of this beautiful and in many ways strange country.

I have to go to K-State though (because that's the only place I had filled everything out for). It's not that I don't want to go there, but WSU is far closer to my hometown and thusly I would get to see my family more. Oh well!

I was applying for an online college called Ashford University. It was all going swimmingly until all of the sudden at once they hit me with all of this paperwork and all of these deadlines and I freaked out. I couldn't handle it. So, I opted for a return home instead.

In regards to myself, I think it will be good. It will give me a chance to get all of those college feelings of partying out of my system. This will be my last chance to just whip it out and have fun and be crazy for two more years before I have to settle back into the humdrum of adult life once again.

Let's just hope I don't lose site of my goals and that my present relationship can stand the test of distance. I'm keeping my eyes up, looking out towards the future. Here's to making our dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment