Wednesday, July 14, 2010

...now I know why I never listen to this CD...

...I'm at work...I should be working, but instead I thought, why not blog! I mean, we are capable of getting on the site so...they're asking for it :P.

I put in a CD to listen to and it's playing and now I understand why I never listen to it. The guy has such a horrible voice. His piano playing is really great, but his voice is SOOOO bad. It's just bad that I've personally worked with this person...O.o...

A little while ago I had a great conversation with my friend about music. It made me feel so much better. I've swithced my major a few times because of the instruction and the instructors, to psychology. I don't really want to do that...well not fully. I mean, if I don't do what I really want to do, then I could see myself really enjoying being a psychiatrist, but what I really love is art.

It's just so much more gratifying to me to do something artistic then anything else I've ever experienced. I hate to feel like I'm giving up on it just because I've had bad instructors and bad experiences with it. Talking to people who really love the things I love and who really want to see me do what I love and be happy makes me feel like I'm settling. I hate settling.

I'm glad I've got an entire year to figure out what I really want to do. I hope this year will help me decide if I want to just give up on my art or puruse it.

:) Not to change the subject abruptly, but I have a couple of new songs I'm attempting to learn on the piano. Moonlight Sonata in C# minor (I already know it in A minor) and Kiss the Rain (which really sounds as cheesy as the title :P). I'm so excited to improving my piano proficiency. I love the instrument. In Korea I'm going to get a nice electric piano and string guitar and learn them intently.

Speaking of Korea, I'm freaked about it. Although I'm sure it will bode fantastic blog material. So, in two and a half weeks, look out for this guys Korean blogs...I hope I'll have something worth talking about by then :/. :D

I'm feeling way better after forcing myself to...and having some really eye opening conversations will some really awesome people.

So, wish me a safe flight!

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment