Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's the little things

I was doing my dishes today and for the first time I realized that my cup and soap dish matches.

WTF!

^^ For some reason I was terribly surprised by this. I also realized that the basket that catches all of my food is made of plastic even though it looks and feels very deceivingly of metal. Lies!

I guess I've just been on autopilot or something. I feel like those things, little, pointless things, shouldn't be so hard to understand. Perhaps it's the fact that they are little pointless things that makes it alright for me to not freak out over it.

My teachers walked into my office yesterday and presented me with the banner they made for the English camp I'm going to be teaching. It was huge, well laid out and even contained a monumental picture of me on it. I was very embarrassed.

They're even going to give it to me at the end of the camp. I think I'll hang it in my bedroom...or living room. That way my dad can look at me every day! ^^

I'm excited to live with my family again. This is the first time we're all three of us going to be living in a house with just us since my father's divorces. It's sort of...liberating. It's just the guys. It's something I remember my dad saying as he started pulling out of the drive of my Washington home. "It's just us guys." Finally it really true.

We've been living with my Grandma for those who don't know. She's right next door though so we can still go have milk and cookies any old time.

I really want to be more family like when I'm home. Go to Grandmas house for dinner ones or week or once every other week. Remember my family members birthday's (seriously, I only know mine! I'm so vain!). Help look after my Grandma. We were kind of nixed out of the rest of my family's group so we should make a pretty thriving one off in our own little corner. The Rouseys! Forgotten but not dead!

I love my family name. It's time to make it worthwhile!

I can't wait to see everyone I've missed for so long. Family. Friends. People actually WORTH my time. Phew. That's a change! :P

Alright America! Get ready. You have a week. GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment