Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vlog!

Got a new Vlog up! Here's a link to the vid. (Edit: I put another one up. Here)

I've decided I kind of like youtube. I've had a channel for a really long time but it was mostly just so I could view videos. Now I believe uploading videos is quite an enjoyable pass time.

However, my videos aren't terribly interesting, unlike my friend ktishme who has pretty fascinating (at the very least) videos and numerous more subscribers than I do.

Money is such an aggravating thing...or more so the lack there of. I really would love to buy some better recording equipment for my computer, but I just can't afford it. In fact I had to buy a pair of $50 running shoes that suck when I wanted to buy $80-$100 shoes that would have been so much better on my feet...but alas I'm broke...especially after buying the shoes I COULD afford. *sigh*

So I promise that soon I will have good videos up...but for now they have to be ones of me singing acapella and boring Vlogs...but I did figure out how to edit my Vlogs so I can make them a tad more captivating.

On a side note, just about me, my life is in shambles. I just got done with the William Inge Theatre Festival in which my life was metaphorically (thank got no literally) raped in a corner by the festival heads. I had SO much to do. Also, I'm in a 10 + minute show...I know, easy, except that we had 3 weeks to rehearse and one week we didn't for the festival. It's fine for me, but I'll be pissed if no one knows their lines. I HATE acting off people who can't get their lines.

So, after this week I can return to my wonderful life of friends, Glee, Lost, American Idol, Korean Lessons, and NOT work. The end is near!

Then finals and more summer classes. Joy.

I hope I find out from TaLK soon whether I'm going or not. I ought to plan on K-State if I'm not...:/

Anyway. I wrote a poem pretty recently. Read it if you're interested. It's about a person from ICC who's leaving. My English professor wanted me to write it so I thought, why not? It's a villanelle and is in iambic pentameter. I'm pretty proud of it.

I'm reading it at open mic night. Kinda nervous....and I'm playing moonlight sonata...double nervous...O.o...

I've been wondering recently just how many people actually read these blogs...and I don't think it's many. It's funny how undeniably self-indulgent writing a blog is. It's like writing a journal for everyone to read...and yet no one really does. Oh well, on I forge through literary strife and struggle!

Steven

5 comments:

  1. haha, I try to write like it's for myself in teh future, that's a big reason as to why I write blogs. Also for a lot of my youtube videos. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write blogs because I need to get it out, durh.
    I'm nervous for open mic, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Caitlin: Wow, that's a really good way to look at it. But I also agree with Charizard. I like getting it out. Maybe it's good for both.

    @Carlie: As previously state, I agree :P. Oh man, open mic is going to either rule or suck! Kelly's working on getting a real piano over to the library however. That will RULE! I've got so much I'm doing that night. Piano, song, and poem. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to start reading your blogs. And wear a foam finger with your name and #1 on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Lacey you make me smile! Thanks! I love blogging! I'm glad that I've got another one suckered into reading them (sorry Caitlin and Carlie :P).

    I'll read yours!

    Btw, where can you get those foam fingers with Lacey and the #1 on them? :P

    Steven

    ReplyDelete