Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Optimism, dumb decisions, English camp and good decisions.

One good moment can help you feel a little bit more optimistic.

And, with that single thread of optimism shall I fashion a robe to wear.

How poetic.

I'll attempt to keep from getting my hopes up. Lately that's mostly what I've succeeded in doing.

I made the mistake of meeting someone who I thought had potential. He came from Seoul down to Chuncheon. Foolishly, I believed that everything was going well. How naive of me to believe so.

In the end, this overbearing, attention seeking, bi-polar claiming guy laid one over on me. I guess even Korean guys can still be just as using and irregardless of others feelings as American ones. I'll make a note of that.

Luckily, I've had some positive experiences since that incident, but I'm still a little...I don't know...on edge. Lies are like air, you can't see them, but they're there...except we don't need lies to survive.

English camp is coming to a close and I'm actually getting a little sad over it. I've for once bonded goldenly with my students over this winter "break" (quotations because no one, according to American standards, could truly qualify it as such), especially with my 3rd and 4th graders, and I'm scared to see that fizzle away and see them return to the same way they were last semester that made me dislike them so.

My first and second graders...well...were primarily cute, but still rambunctious and a right handful, but were far better behaved then when in class with your teacher truly. Next three days is devoted entirely to my fifth and sixth graders, who I have high hopes for. In the past my favorite grade has been fifth, and seeing as their English proficiency is greater than the other youngsters, I hope we'll have some interesting interaction between us. Hopefully worthy of the word 'bonding'.

We'll see how these three days go.

I danced in my room just now, for half an hour to the fastest music I could find in my library. 1. Because I felt bad for not doing cardio in the gym and 2. To relieve some stress, though that hadn't been one of my intended goals to begin with.

Last night I went to Seoul for coffee with a friend. I had a great time and I think worth the lack of sleep I received because of it. He's off to Paris, France, a decision he made only a few days ago. Not something I would probably do, but all the power to him. :P

I really ought to start being more optimistic, even when I don't feel like it. Fake it till you make it. My dad had more good advice in him then I had ever realized as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment