Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update....and feeling a little...strange.

The more guys I talk to the more lonely I feel.

It seems absurd. I ought to be relishing all of the attention. However, I find myself a little put out.

Perhaps it's a constant reminder of how I haven't really had a real relationship with another person in over two years (unless we're counting one months failures. I think not), or perhaps that just when you find someone you think you might be able to work with they're taken or scared or ignorant and you're left to the more obvious, more tactless, more easy-to-attain individuals. It leaves me feeling a tad singular.

Why is it that you're attractive to everyone except the person you want to think you're attractive?

Life bites.

Well, it's been a long time since I've blogged. I'd like to be funny and witty in this one, but I'm sort of un-energetic so I'll just stick to the boring shit. :/ Sorry folks.

Despite how fascinating I'm sure you all believe my life is, it's not quite that interesting. Same old, same old. Inspiring the youth of tomorrow. Being the best teacher the world has seen and will ever know.

Right. :P Regrettably nothing in that vein has veered off course. It's all rather droll once you set into your routine and then you never even have to bat an eye as a child throws a pair of scissors your way. You just duck and keep on saying, "...and this is how you say English,"

"Eng-ri-shee!!"

I try very hard not to feel a failure.

But to the great achievement of Jesus' birth, I got the chance to have a two week long break which was thrilling in every sense of the meaning and I got the chance to rest, drink, hang out with friends, take the new train to Seoul...oh the life.

Those two weeks were filled with much fun. Much friend hanging out. Much soju. All was grand.

But Geumbyeon Elementary School reared it's ugly head once more.

So, I'm at English camp now, which isn't too difficult. In comparison, I'd rather teach the kids in this way, with two other Korean/English speakers there to save me from the scissors and the words (their both just as sharp...ouch!) :P.

I bought a new camera. You know, I'd like to say I'm not a compulsive buyer but I really am. I was just in a store randomly cause my friend from Japan wanted to go and then I walked out with an $800 camera in my possession. Jesus.

But I'm rather proud of it. I've been taking some pictures and it's so pretty. Its a Lumix DSLR with a swivel touch screen. It's everything I could ever have asked in a camera. $800 is cheap for that kind of contraption. It's sort of my replacement lover for the one I don't have. :( How sad.

And as such, I'll end there. Not too long, not too short, and exceedingly dull for a returning blog.

The Office is beautiful. The end.

3 comments: